Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
August 24, 2015 Monday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

24-August-2015 (Monday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother as a Paramahamsa:
A sensational Jagaddhatri Puja at The Mother’s House – 4

This newly-arrived youth had brought with him for the Mother a few bananas from a tree which he had himself planted. Finding the Mother very busy when he arrived the previous day, he did not take the package of bananas out from his bag. He thought that after the Puja was finished and when the Mother got some leisure, he would put them in her hand. For, though the bananas were of a good size, they were just of the ordinary variety and were unlikely to be appreciated by everybody. He brought them simply because they were the fruits of the tree planted by himself, which had therefore a sentimental value for him. When he packed the bananas they were still very green. Now, on returning from Koalpara very much disappointed at not being able to procure any banana, he remembered the green bananas he had brought and took them out of his bag. And lo! on opening the packet he found them quite ripe, with a few of them having become a little too soft even! He took them to the Mother. The moment the Mother’s eyes fell on the ripe bananas, she cried out in great delight, “Oh, just see how the Mother has already arranged for Her own Puja! We have been worrying for nothing.” When the son had explained to her everything about these bananas, she took them in her hand, and examining them, found them to be of the Kovar variety of banana, which was well suited for the Puja. She became very happy at the turn of events. The son’s heart too, became filled to the brim with joy.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 190 – 191]