Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
August 27, 2015 Thursday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

27-August-2015 (Thursday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother’s Last Illness – 2

Coming to know of the Mother’s fast declining health, many of her children from distant places started coming to Calcutta to see her. The number of visitors and enquirers was thus increasing phenomenally, and all measures had therefore to be taken to safeguard the Mother against their pressure. Visitors were no more allowed free access to her. The well-known devotees only could have her Darsan and speak a word or two with her. But none was allowed to make Pranams to her, touching her feet. The Sevakas and Sevikas were very alert in safeguarding her from undue intrusion. If any visitor from a distant place came with some special reason to meet the Mother, his case would be referred to revered Sarat Maharaj who, after due consideration, would give or refuse permission. Nevertheless the rules were relaxed when the Mother expressed her strong desire to meet some one or other.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 191 – 192]