Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
August 28, 2015 Friday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

28-August-2015 (Friday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother’s Last Illness – 3

Many of the sons of the Mother could not believe that the Mother would soon leave them orphaned. For, in spite of her illness, there were signs of absolute happiness and contentment in the Mother’s face, and her heart-bewitching voice had not in any way become feeble. But there were others, more observant, who felt that indications were adverse. They now found the Mother absolutely indifferent to the body. Besides, the dislike she developed for Radha Rani (Radhu), the kingpin of her life till now, was felt as an ominous sign by them. Radhu, whose separation even for a day was formerly unbearable for her, had no charm for her now. When Radhu went near the Mother now, she would ask her to go away. She even suggested that she had better go back to Jayrambati. Even the tears of Radhu failed to evoke her sympathy. She openly declared one day, “I have taken away my mind from her. No more of this hereafter.”

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 192]