Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
August 30, 2015 Sunday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

30-August-2015 (Sunday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother’s Condescension to a lowly-placed Son – 2

He was thus visiting the Mother, keeping the intense sorrow of his heart smothered within. He did not give the slightest indication of his feelings to the Mother, arguing within himself, “As it is, the Mother is suffering much. How can I further add to it? The Mother has taken our sins on herself and is suffering in consequence.” These thoughts filled him with shame and repentance. With folded hands he was praying secretly to the master, “Pardon me, Lord, Thou has showered enough grace on me and fulfilled so many of my desires. I have no regrets. Only please cure the Mother of her illness. Please do not make us motherless orphans for some time more.” The little throne with the Master’s picture on it was in front of the Mother’s bed. Thus praying to the Master and making Pranams to him and the Mentally every day, he would depart from the Mother’s room.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 193]