Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
August 31, 2015 Monday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

31-August-2015 (Monday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother’s Condescension to a lowly-placed Son – 3

Now one noon he went towards the Mother’s room for some purpose, when the Mother beckoned to him through the slightly opened door to go in. As soon as he reached her bedside, she asked the Sevika to give the fan to him and go. The son was filled with great joy and wonder at this. He thought that the Sevika had to go for some other work and the Mother was waiting for an opportunity to relieve her. The doctor’s instruction was that the Mother should sit up and rest for about an hour after the noon meal and then lie down and sleep. That was why the Mother was sitting up on her bed, resting her back against a bolster with her legs stretched forward. After the Sevika departed, the son started fanning the Mother slowly, and she spoke a word or two to him now and then. She was just feeling a little sleepy, but was trying to keep awake by talking with the son. It was after a long time that the Mother and the son had come so close to each other.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 193]