Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
September 2, 2015 Wednesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

2-September-2015 (Wednesday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother’s Condescension to a lowly-placed Son – 5

As the son was afraid to touch the Mother’s body, h hesitated to comply with the Mother’s suggestion. But as the Mother insisted, he lightly touched the Mother’s foot with the tip of his finger. At this the Mother was not at all satisfied. So he had to press a finger well on the Mother’s foot and see the dimple. From the way the Mother kept on staring this hollow, it seemed as if it was not on her foot but on that of some one else! Seeing the dimple taking a long time to vanish, it was brought home to the son that swelling had started because of the paucity of blood. His face became dejected and his heart more so. He stood still, stunned! The Mother most probably understood what was passing through the son’s mind. She changed the topic from that of her illness. But the dark cloud that made its appearance in the heart of the son that day, went on spreading day by day, till it made everything dark after some time! When the time-piece indicated that one hour had elapsed, the Mother laid herself down on the bed and rested. The son stayed near her, fanning slowly to drive away the flies.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 194]