Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
September 3, 2015 Thursday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

3-September-2015 (Wednesday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother’s Condescension to a lowly-placed Son – 6

After a little rest and a short nap, the Mother got up. To enable to wash her face, the son held a basin before her. She first dropped in it the half-chewed betel from her mouth. After the Mother had washed her mouth and face, the son took the basin away to clean it. As he threw the contents our, all of a sudden he woke up to the fact that he had wilfully thrown away a great treasure – the half-chewed betel leaves, her Prasada. This he would hardly be able to get again. The Mother then wanted to have a drink. On holding the cup to her lips, it was found that the Mother could not swallow the water. After slightly massaging her chest, she could gulp the liquid. The Mother looked at the face of the son, who thus made her slowly have a few sips of water. His desire to render some personal service to the Mother was somewhat fulfilled this way no doubt, but along with it he had the painful realisation that all hopes of her recovery were now shattered and that the end was very near.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 194]