Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
September 4, 2015 Friday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

4-September-2015 (Friday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother’s Condescension to a lowly-placed Son – 7

It was afternoon. There came the sound of the inmates stirring about again. One of them came to the Mother for something. The Mother tool the bunch of keys attached to the end of her cloth and placing it in the hands of the son, asked him to take out some money from her box. Putting his hand on the little steel box which had always been with the Mother on her travels, he opened it and saw the well-arranged articles within it. At this the thought came to him again and again. “Oh Mother, Thou art verily the great Mahamaya Herself! Art Thou really winding up so soon Thy terrestrial play to which, through Thy grace, Thou hast made this son of Thine a witness? If before this, I had the slightest inkling of it, Mother, I would have taken care to see it all in greater detail.”

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 195]