Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
September 5, 2015 Saturday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

5-September-2015 (Saturday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother’s Condescension to a lowly-placed Son – 7

After four in the evening, another person came for the Mother’s service and the son had to take his leave. He went out with a smile on his face, but his heart was full of sorrow and dejection. After crossing the threshold of the Udbodhan, he reached the street. The thought came to him, “Let me see if I can recover a little of that consecrated half-chewed betel roll.’ After a search he could get at a little of it which filled him with joy and satisfaction. He did not dare to search for more, lest others should come to know of it. Just at that time he found Sudhira Devi at the botton of the staircase to the Mother’s room kneeling and bowing down with great devotion prior to going for the Mother’s Darsan. Thus the Mother gave profusely as a ‘last gift’ to the son. But, ‘can a destitute retain a treasure even if he gets one!’

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 195]