Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
September 9, 2015 Wednesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

9-September-2015 (Wednesday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Events after her Passing Away – 1

Revered Mahapurush Maharaj (swami Shivananda) was pacing up and down all by himself in a sombre mood, sometimes on the verandah of the first floor of the Belur Math facing the Ganga, and sometimes in his own room, his gaze directed towards the Shrine Room, the Ganga, Dakshineswar, Kashipur or the Udbodhan. He alone knew what was passing within him. It was still dark. When the first rays of the morning sun emerged, the old devotee Bhuvan Babu approached Mahapurush Maharaj, bowed down to him by way of Pranam, and said, “Maharaj, the Mother’s radiance is illuminating the Udbodhan. What a wonderful effulgence is emanating from her face! It would seem that she has not left us at all. Her look drives away all sorrow from one’s mind.”

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 197]