Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
September 15, 2015 Tuesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

15-September-2015 (Tuesday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Events after her Passing Away – 7

Revered Rashbehari Maharaj in describing this divine radiance of the Mother’s body had said, “After a long period of illness, her body had become thin and pale. It was so when she left the body also. Under revered Sarat Maharaj’s instructions, her clothes were changed and the body was placed on a clean bed. Incense was burnt. They were all sitting at a distance steeped in sorrow, when one of them happened to notice that rays of light were emanating from the face and spreading around. At this he shouted out in excitement, ‘Look, look, the face of the Mother has become luminous!’ All the eyes were turned towards her face. They were all speechless and looked at one another, saying, ‘What is this? Whence has this effulgence come? We have never seen it before.’ The heart of everyone was filled with joy divine. They started singing songs about the Mother.”

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 199]