Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
September 17, 2015 Thursday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

17-September-2015 (Thursday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Events after her Passing Away – 9

A day or two after the Mother left her body, a respectable couple, who were the Mother’s disciples, came to the Math at night-fall and started narrating to Mahapurush Maharaj their tale of woe, sobbing all the while. They were living far away and had come all this distance at great pains to have a last Darsan of the Mother. But their hopes were dashed to pieces as the Mother had passed away before they could arrive. Mahapurush Maharaj was all sympathy for them and gave them consolation. They felt a little pacified. After that Mahapurush Maharaj got into a divine mood and said: “The Mother is now encompassing everything. She is now in all beings. One can see her everywhere. Whoever will call on her with one-pointed mind will have her Darsan. So far she has been limited to one place. Now she is everywhere. There is no room for sorrow. As soon as one calles her with eagerness from the bottom of one’s heart, one will have her Darsan.” That message of hope uttered by Mahapurush Maharaj touched many a heart and brought comfort to them.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 199 – 200]