Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
September 19, 2015 Saturday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

19-September-2015 (Saturday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother as Saraswati – 2

A certain disciple-son of the Mother, who happened to be there at the time, hearing now that the Mother was verily Saraswati herself, became very happy remembering a past incident. One day at Jayrambati he had gone out to bring some flowers for the worship. Not finding any in the vicinity, he went up to the house of Manik Raja in the village of Bhursubo. There in their neglected garden he saw a few Junda flowers blossoming on an old plant. Crossing the thorny bushes, he collected these flowers and went back to the Mother. The Mother was very happy getting these and joyfully worshipped the Master with them along with the other flowers that were already there. At the end of the Puja, the Mother sat on a cot with her feet dangling and asked the son to take the flowers that she had kept aside for him. As he saw the flowers, he found a fully blossomed Kunda flower white in colout amongst them. Generally they liked to offer red flowers at the feet of the Mother. But as the Mother had kept it herself, he placed the white Kunda flower too at her feet. But as soon as the Kunda flower had touched her feet, he felt a unique wave of joy in his heart, as if the flower was laughing, spreading a wonderful beauty all round! The Mother, too, was in a very happy vein. Now the understanding came to him that this was because the Kunda flower is a great favourite of the Goddess Saraswati. He had not heard then that our Mother was verily Saraswati Herself.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 200 – 201]