Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
September 30, 2015 Wednesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

30-September-2015 (Wednesday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Second Part
Swami Saradeshananda
8. The Mother’s Attitude towards Worldly Values – 1

Once a number of her Sannyasin sons had gathered at Jayrambati. They were persons endowed with different natures. Some of them were fond of good food while some others liked to lead an austere life. The mother knew all about these different types, while the other women did not. So it was difficult for them to serve snack and food to the Sadhus properly. But if the Mother were present, she would tell them what and how much to serve to each one of them. It was a summer evening; a certain lady was trying to serve the snacks on the different plates for the Sadhus. Whereupon, the Mother showed her what and how much much to give to each of them. Pointing to one particular son, she said that he was not to be given anything! This one did not eat many things and was not at all fastidious, and the Mother helped him to lead the austere life he liked.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 207 – 208]