Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
October 07 2015 Wednesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

07-October-2015 (Wednesday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Second Part
Swami Saradeshananda
9. The Mother’s Patience and Suffering – 3

Revered Sarat Maharaj, coming to know about it from a letter of somebody else, wrote to the devotee doctor Prabhakar Babu of Arambagh to go to the Mother, examine the would and do the needful. At this Prabhakar Babu immediately came to the Mother and found that the wound was almost healed, and that there was practically no pain. He, however, examined it carefully and prescribed proper treatment, and also wrote to Revered Sarat Maharaj not to have any worry on this score. Sarat maharaj wrote a letter to the Mother, oo, in this connection, pathetically asking her to let him know at once whenever something happened to her and expressing his sorrow for not being informed of it. The Mother’s instruction to everybody was: “One suffers as a result of one’s own Karma. So, instead of blaming others for such sufferings, one should pray to the Lord, and depending entirely on His Grace, bear them with patience under all circumstances.”

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 210 – 211]