Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
October 09 2015 Friday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

09-October-2015 (Friday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Second Part
Swami Saradeshananda
10. The Mother’s Reaction to excruciating Suffering – 2

We have already mentioned about the rheumatic pain in the Mother’s left knee, for which many forms of treatment were tried, with no lasting effect. The Mother had full faith in any medicine that was suggested, and would use it both for her own benefit and also to give the person who suggested the medicine the satisfaction of serving her. There lived a family of barbers in Jayrambati. They were well-to-do and had a place of honour in the village. One day the Head of this family came to the Mother and told her that one of his relations had come to him desirous of having the Mother’s Darsan. The Mother permitted him to be brought in. It was sometime in the morning that this gentleman came and made Pranam to the Mother. The Mother had finished cutting the vegetables and had some leisure. He was welcomed and given a seat on the verandah. The Mother, too, sat near him and asked him about his welfare like a near relation of hers. They were soon engaged in conversation on various subjects. The newcomer was a cultured gentleman of middle age, and the Mother was very much pleased to meet him.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 211]