Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
October 10 2015 Saturday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

10-October-2015 (Saturday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Second Part
Swami Saradeshananda
10. The Mother’s Reaction to excruciating Suffering – 3

In the course of conversation, when he came to know about the rheumatic pain from which the Mother was suffering, he felt sorry and said that he was also a Kaviraj (Ayurvedic physician), and knew of a herbal medicine which lessened such pains very much. It was the root of a creeper, which could be found in the locality. If the Mother liked to try it, he would search for it there. On the Mother gladly agreeing to the proposal, the gentleman took a Brahmacharin with him and went in search of the plant. He brought a small root, and putting it in her hand, said that together with a little ginger, it was to be made into a fine paste and applied. He, however, cautioned that particular care should be taken to apply it on the painful surface and even that by painting a small quantity of it with the end of a thin stick or grass-stalk like a tooth-pick. Fingers were never to be used.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 211 – 212]