Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
October 15 2015 Thursday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

15-October-2015 (Thursday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Second Part
Swami Saradeshananda
11. The Mother’s way of Life – 3

At Jayrambati his (the Master’s) place was in a niche in the mud wall. Getting up from her sleep, she would have the Darsan of the Master, have her morning ablutions and then sit for Japa and Shyana. She would then perform her daily chored of the household – cut the vegetables for cooking, have her bath ad worship, arrange for the cooking, prepare the betel rolls, after ‘Bhoha’ tp the Master, see that the Peasada was distributed as lunch to the inmates, and then take her share of it as food. She then had some rest. In te afternoon she would receive the devotees and others collected there and talk to them, and enquire about the welfare of the neighbours. At dusk she would offer light and incense to the Master and meditate for some time. Then at night she would offer Bhoga, take the Prasada and then go to sleep. Over and above these, she would serve the guests, relations, Sadhus and devotees. She showed no aversion or negligence towards any work of the household. Everything was for the master. The household was entirely the Master’s own and so everything was done for him. She was living only through his direction. He was the Lordand she was just a maid-servant in his household. The only aim of her body was to serve him and please him.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 213 – 214]