Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
October 24 2015 Saturday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

24-October-2015 (Saturday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Second Part
Swami Saradeshananda
12. The Mother’s Concern for the Poor: Case of Haridas Vairagi – 2

Though a Vaishnava himself, Haridas would charm people by singing to them the glories of Siva and Sakti also. Hearing from him the song, “How joyful is the news, Oh Uma! Please tell me if what people say is true, that you are the queen of the universe, sitting to the left of Visweswara, the Lord of the Universe!”, the great devotee and playwright Girish Chandra once became so pleased that he presented him with five rupees. Attracted by the Mother’s love, Girish Chandra had then become truly a village boy and was living at Jayrambati near the Mother. Haridas had now become aged, and had lost most of his teeth. The violin too was very old. But his voice was as sweet as ever, and when he sang he lost himself in ecstasy, bringing joy to the people’s heart as of old. Whenever he came to a village, the people welcomed him and listened to his songs.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 216]