Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
October 26 2015 Monday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

26-October-2015 (Monday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Second Part
Swami Saradeshananda
12. The Mother’s Concern for the Poor: Case of Haridas Vairagi – 4

In connection with the Mother’s natural sympathy for the poor and the down-trodden, I am reminded of another incident. I was at the Balaram Mandir in Caltutta when Ramakrishna Basu, the son of Sri Ramakrishna’s great devotee Balaram Basu, left his mortal coil. A few days before his death he had executed a will. At that time the Mother was lying sick at the Udbodhan. The day after the will was executed, Smt. Sarala Devi, the Sevika of the Mother, informed the Mother of this will in the afternoon and told her that Ramakrishna Basu’s will made ample provision for the service of the Master and of many Sadhus. I was then present near the Mother. Hearing these words of Sarala Devi, the Mother looked at my face and put the question: "Has he done anything for the poor and the destitute?" I knew nothing about this will. But seeing her concern for the poor and the destitute, I was simply charmed and kept gazing at her face.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 217]