Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
October 27 2015 Tuesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

27-October-2015 (Tuesday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Second Part
Swami Saradeshananda
13. The Incident of the Palanquin Bearers – 1

Revered Sarat Maharaj had come to Jayrambati to see the Mother while she was ill. Even after recovery, the Mother did not agree to go to Calcutta. So the Swami, who considered himself to be the Mother’s gatekeeper, stayed in at Jayrambati near the Mother in great joy for more than a month. At last he fixed a date for returning to Calcutta. Accodringly he made Pranam to the Mother with great devotion that morning, after receiving her blessings, he with his party started on foot for Kamarpukur. The arrangement was that the next day Yogin-Ma and Golap-Ma would go to Koalpara in a bullock cart, while Sarat Maharaj would go in a palanquin to visit Badanganj High School, and after having his lunch at Headmaster Prabodh Babu’s place, reach Koalpara at dusk, and join them. The great devotee (Prabodh Babu) had procured a big palanquin suitable for the Swami, and had got eight strong bearers to carry him. It was rather late in the afternoon by the time Sarat Maharaj had finished his food after visiting the school. For, the devotee Headmaster, in his eagerness to honour the Swami, had made elaborate arrangements for his reception and feasting, and could not therefore keep to time. The members who formed the Swami’s retinue were annoyed at heart because of this unexpected delay, but they had the satisfaction of partaking of a sumptuous feast, and of taking ample rest afterwards.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 217 – 218]