Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
October 28 2015 Wednesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

28-October-2015 (Wednesday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Second Part
Swami Saradeshananda
13. The Incident of the Palanquin Bearers – 2

On resuming their journey in the late evening, it was realised that the party would be reaching Koalpara only very late at night. So in order to allow the Swami undisturbed sleep, it was decided that he should rerutn to Jayrambati, and start from there for Koalpara early next morning. It was dusk when the Swami with his party reached the southern boundry of the village of Jayrambati. He then got down from the palanquin and walked bare-footed, following the devotional practice he observed in moving about the birth places of the Master and the Mother. So, walking barefooted with the shoes in his hand, he arrived at the Mother’s place when the night had already set in. Just before that, Swami Bhumananda had reached the Mother’s place to give advance information abut their return and their intention to spend that night there, and specially to request the Mother not to bother about their food. They were all happy at the return of the Swami. His bedding had gone to Koalpara. So the Mother sent for him some bedding from her own room. After making Pranam to the Mother, the Swami informed her that they had a very heavy lunch at a late hour, and were therefore in no need of food for the night. The Mother, however, asked them to accept some sweets and have a drink of water; for she could not bear the thought that the boys had gone to sleep without any food. So at the Mother’s request they had some sweets and then went to the Drawing Room for rest.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 218]