Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
November 1 2015 Sunday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

1-November-2015 (Sunday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Second Part
Swami Saradeshananda
13. The Incident of the Palanquin Bearers – 6

By now Bhumanandaji’s anger had abated somewhat. He said, “Well then, return the unspent rupee.” But on their entreaty to pardon them and allow them to retain the money, he did not insist further on it being refunded. He then returned to the Drawing Room and narrated everything to revered Sarat Maharaj, who was greatly amused and burst out laughing, saying, “They had a right to the ‘Muri and Gur’ of the Mother’s place, and so they acted correctly in claiming their due. Those who were extremely calculating and gave them a rupee in advance have to be the losers!” This incident would clearly show how the Mother showered her love and affection even on bearers and labourers completely unknown to her, and how this tenderness of the Mother made an indelible mark on the hearts of all people in the neighbourhood.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 220]