Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
November 2 2015 Monday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

2-November-2015 (Monday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Second Part
Swami Saradeshananda
14. Swami Saradananda’s Departure – 1

Early in the morning, the Mother made arrangements for a sumptuous breakfast, as the sons had had no food the previous night. They caught plenty of fish from the pond in the compound. So the menu for the breakfast was fresh fried fish, hot Luchis, vegetables and sweets. The Swami had already finished his morning ablution at his usual place in the river Amodar. The Bhoga was offered to the Master a little earlier that day. On the Swami’s return from the riverside, he, with his retinue, sat for breakfast on the verandah while the Mother joyfully watched them doing full justice to the sumptuous repast she had prepared for them. With her face covered by a veil, she was silently directing the servers to press the food on them and thus feed them to their fill. There was arrangement for the Swami’s tea also.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 220 – 221]