Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
November 4 2015 Wednesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

4-November-2015 (Wednesday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Second Part
Swami Saradeshananda
14. Swami Saradananda’s Departure – 3

At this time the Swami was a little perturbed by an unfortunate occurrence. As he was going out of the room after making Pranam to the Mother, a Brahmachari fell at his feet making Pranam to him. The Swami was startled. Not understanding the situation, the Brahmacharin was non-plussed, when an old person present there reminded him: “One should not accept another’s Pranam before one’s Guru. You have therefore done something wrong in making Pranam to the Swami while he was still before the Mother.” The Brahmacharin felt ashamed and moved to one side. When the swami came out on the Verandah and was receiving the Pranams of others and was blessing them, he too, approached him, made Pranam to him again, and received his blessings. Both of them became happy.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 221]