Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
November 6 2015 Friday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

6-November-2015 (Friday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Second Part
Swami Saradeshananda
15. How the Mother was anxious to Feed Her Children – 2

Allow me to narrate one or two incidents more about how the Mother would feed her children with love and care. One of her sons, on falling ill, had gone away for a change and treatment to another place. Hw now came back after a month or so, having recovered his health. At night he was sitting for his meal along with the others. The Mother was watching them at their meal, and also herself serving Chapatis (Indian bread).

When the Mother asked her erstwhile sick son how many Chapatis he would take, he said ‘four’. At this she was taken aback and cried out: “What! Are you still not able to take more than four Chapatis?” There was so much pain in the feeling reflected in the Mother’s voice that everybody was wonderstruck and felt that the Mother’s heart had broken down at this information. Thereupon the son pacified the Mother and told her that his health was all right and that he did not generally require more than four Chapatis at night.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 222]