Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
November 10 2015 Tuesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

10-November-2015 (Tuesday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Second Part
Swami Saradeshananda
15. How the Mother was anxious to Feed Her Children – 3

There was another son, who was then staying at the Mother’s place. Every day he performed some work which involved much physical labour, or engaged himself in some tiring exercise like wrestling. He would therefore take a few more Chapatis at night. One afternoon, the cook asked him, rather sharply, to let he know definitely how many Chapatis he would take that night. These words of the cook entered the ears of the Mother. That the boy should be accosted with such sharp words as regards his food, pained the Mother. Thereupon she said in a firm voice addressing the cook, “He is a young boy and will take as many Chapatis as he requires. Why should one keep a count of them? You need not bother. I shall myself look after it.” At these words of the Mother the cook felt ashamed and slipped away quietly. It is in matters of feeding that one can see the heart of a mother.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 222]