Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
November 14 2015 Saturday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

14-November-2015 (Saturday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Second Part
Swami Saradeshananda
17. The Mother’s Way of Life in the World – 1

Though the Mother lived night and day amidst the various activities of her household and was as outwardly engrossed as any one of the other inmates in the works and responsibilities of the home, she would remain completely unattached in her heart. The household was, in her view, the Master’s. One had to remain in it playing the part he was allotted. Good and bad, joy and sorrow, came and passed off according to one’s Karma. Without getting disturbed in mind by thinking about them, one should keep one’s devotion to God steady and bear everything that came with patience. One should shake off the attachment for the worldly objects as the duckchicks shake off the water from their bodies. There teachings were always conveyed by the Mother’s instructions, behaviour and actions.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 224 – 225]