Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
November 23 2015 Monday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

23-November-2015 (Monday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Second Part
Swami Saradeshananda
18. Some instructions of the Mother – 2

Now-a-days, when the Master’s name has come to be respected far and wide, there are many interested parties spreading stories of their close relationship with the Master and the Holy Mother. Such persons impose themselves and their stories on simple-minded devotees. The Mother knew very well about these tricksters, and warned her children against being exploited by them. One day when a son paid a visit to Sihore and went to see the house of Hriday, a child-widow, proclaiming herself to be Hriday’s niece and an old man claiming to be his younger brother, narrated to him many old stories. On coming back he told all these to the Mother. She became grave and said, “Oh! I know nothing about them, my child! How many are the stories that people are circulating about him these days! I never heard of them before.” This happened a long time back. In these days, with the much wider spread of the life and teachings of the Master and the Mother, stories of this kind have become very common. Now-a-days (i.e. around 1966, the year of submission of these memoirs) the devotees who pay visit to Kamarpukur and Jayrambati from outside, hear so many wonderful incidents, about which we had not the slightest inkling some forty or fifty years back. If such stories are spread as a new device to earn some money or do some shop-keeping, it is indeed a tragedy.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 226]