Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
November 24 2015 Tuesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

24-November-2015 (Tuesday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Second Part
Swami Saradeshananda
18. Some instructions of the Mother – 3

The Mother always taught her children that when they mixed with all and sundry in the broad world, they must particularly see that their faith in God and devotion to Him are kept intact, and that they keep the standard of renunciation and austerity that Sannyasins are to maintain. She discouraged them from having any close social relationship with the Members of the Master’s family at Kamarpukur, or with those of her own paternal family at Jayrambati. So, those of her sons who stayed in these villages with her for varying lengths of time during her life-time, did not then mix closely even with these people, though they showed them great reverence as the close relatives of the Master and the Mother. The Mother would always keep her renouncing sons away from worldly people or material influences. She always tried to wipe away from their hearts the sense of all relationsip except that with God. Now-a-days, however, the worldly values are mixed with the Leela of the Lord. It is a practice that should be guarded against, as such dilution will lead to degeneration in future.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 226 – 227]