Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
November 26 2015 Thursday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

26-November-2015 (Thursday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Second Part
Swami Saradeshananda
19. Sri Sarada Devi as the Daughter-Mother of her intimate Devotees – 2

What a delicious combination the rice of the house made for him, together with the fresh green peas from the fields! The curry of poppy-seed and potatoes, the Dal of Kalai pulse, the sauce of little fish, the soup of fresh small fish and simple rice – what a fine repast these made for him! It could not be matched even in heaven! To a son, could there be anything more enjoyable than what was given to him by the Mother? Again, when the ‘daughter’ would be down with fever, how much agony and worry the ‘father’ went through! There was Calcutta with its grandeur, ease and comfort, and its facilities of conveyance to move about. In contract to it there was the small village of Jayarambati, devoid of all modern improvements, practically inaccessible, and ravaged by malaria. But when the occasion demanded, we found the loving ‘father’ unmindful of all these difficulties and running towards his ‘daughter’, as if she were his very life breath, to make arrangements for her proper care and treatment. When at last the ‘father’ stood by the side of the sick ‘daughter’ and their eyes met, it only they understood what passed between them. There entered into the ears of the others only two soft words – ‘father’, ‘my child’ – and these touched the very core of their hearts.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 227 – 228]​