Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
November 27 2015 Friday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

27-November-2015 (Friday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Second Part
Swami Saradeshananda
19. Sri Sarada Devi as the Daughter-Mother of her intimate Devotees – 3

We had the good fortune of coming in contact with four venerable old devoted ladies, all of whom were contemporaries of the Great Master. They were then spending their days taking refuge at the Holy Mother’s feet.Though they looked human like ourselves outwardsly, they were perfected souls, and they could enjoy the sweetness of the Divine Sport in ways unknown to us. But what appeared before our limited vision made us conjecture that they had been blessed by the Mother’s revelation of herself as both a ‘Mother’ and a ‘Daughter’ in one. All the four of them were mothers of a daughter each. After losing their short-lived daughters, each one of them had taken into her heart, this eternal undying ‘daughter’ for ever. Becoming the embodiment of the very essence of ‘daughterhood’, the Holy Mother manifested herself to each one them as her ‘daughter’. Again as the loving mother of the whole universe, she let them have a taste of the sweetness of her ‘motherly love’ too.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 228]