Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
November 29 2015 Sunday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

29-November-2015 (Sunday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Second Part
Swami Saradeshananda
20. The Four Women Companions of the Mother– 2

2. The revered Yogin-Ma, too, has been mentioned in the Gospel. The day that the Master went to the house of Golap-Ma, he visited the place of Gonu’s Mother (Yogin-Ma) also. Yogin-Ma was the daughter-in-law of Sri Prankrishna Biswas, the publisher of Ram Pran Toshini which contained the gist of all Tantras. Though once rich, the family was not impoverished, and Yogin-Ma was living amidst great hardship. Now she lost her only daughter and became disconsolate with sorrow. It was at this critical juncture that the Holy Mother came into her life. She had practised high Tantric Sadhanas and as a consequence of it, as it were, the Universal Mother as Sarada Devi blessed her in the dual capacity of the ‘Mother’ and the ‘Daughter’. In her company, Yogin-Ma forgot all her sorrow. Some time after the Holy Mother had passed away, when a Sadhu close to her met her at the Udbodhan House and expressed his sorrow at her brokwn down health, Yogin-Ma turned her eyes at the portrait of the Holy Mother, and with tears in her eyes, said with great emotion, “What am I to do, my child” It is she who has made it so by departing from here!” And quietly she went on looking at the portrait of the Mother kept on her bed.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 228 – 229]