Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
December 01 2015 Tuesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

01-December-2015 (Tuesday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Second Part
Swami Saradeshananda
20. The Four Women Companions of the Mother– 4

4. We have heard that the mother of Kedar of Koalpara was blessed by the Darsan of the Master in the first stage of her life. Her husband, staying at the Mother’s house at Jayarambati, used to teach at the village school there. The Mother used to call him Dada (elder brother). He too was known to the Master in his life time. It was towards the middle of her life that kedar’s mother came to know about the glories of the Holy Mother and took entire refuge with her. And when her only daughter left her body, she assuaged the great grief of her heart by clinging on to the Mother. She had unshakable devotion and reverence for the Mother whom she knew as the very Mother of the Universe. But what charmed us most, was that along with it she maintained such a wonderful motherly love and affection for the Mother, whom, she would, under the influence of that attitude, consider as her baby daughter! The Mother was one going to Calcutta. From the Koalpara Ashrama she was just getting into a horse-drawn carriage to go to Vishnupur. With her there was a retinue of monks, other people, and all the requisites of food and refreshments. As the Mother was departing, Kedar’s mother was seen handing the Sevika a small piece of cloth in which there was tied some ‘khud Bhaja’ (parched broken pieces of rice), and with tears in her eyes saying to her, “This is for the Mother when she feels hungry on the way.” How her mother’s heart was feeling for little daughter!

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 230]