Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
December 03 2015 Thursday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

03-December-2015 (Thursday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Second Part
Swami Saradeshananda
21. Caution in Understanding the Words of the Great– 13

Before the Bengali Book Sri Sri Mayer Katha on the Holy Mother was published, rrevered Rashbehari Maharaj, one of its chief recorders, insisted that exactly what was noted in his diary, should be published verbatim. He insisted on this so much, because he had written down exactly as the words came out of the Mother’s lips. At this, the revered Sarat Maharaj explained to him that nothing should be published without proper editing. When Rashbehari Maharaj strongly objected to it, Sarat Maharaj said, “For whom and for what purpose do you want to publish these? Is it not for the good of the people? Is it not for people to make their lived blessed by following the instructions of the Mother? If so, it is necessary to publish them in such a way that they can really understand their import.” Not agreeing even then, when Rashbehari Maharaj insisted still on his original stand, the revered Sarat Maharaj said, “You have written down the words of the Mother, which she spoke on a certain occasion and on a topic that was then under discussion. It is possible that, under a different set of circumstances and at some other time, she might have spoken in a different way, which did not find a place in your book. So the reader would think that what you have written is the only solution. That is why they should appear in print only after due deliberation.”

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 231 – 232]