Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
December 04 2015 Friday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

04-December-2015 (Friday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Second Part
Swami Saradeshananda
21. Caution in Understanding the Words of the Great– 14

Cautioning him more about this point Sarat Maharaj said, “You remember such and such persons went to ‘M’ to reprimand him. Reading in the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna about the high praise that the Master had shown on a certain person, these people had been frequenting the place of this person to have his company. But after some time, when they found him to be of a very low mentality, they were pained. They thought that ‘M’ was to be blamed for their being thus deceived and they actually took him to task.” Rashbehari Maharaj knew about this incident very well and so he fully agreed with the revered Sarat Maharaj on this question. But the next instant he said that it was that that person had fallen from what he was before; but still, at times, he would go into deep trance surcharged with emotion. He had these even upto the end. There were many who could bear the witness to this. At this the revered Sarat Maharaj came to the limit of his patience, and said, “Do you think that getting into a trance under emotion is a great thing? If a sadhu has not strength of character, renunciation, Tapas, faith and strong devotion, then what else could he have?” Saying this, the Maharaj became grave, quiet and indrawn. Everyone present there stood transfixed. In that quiet night surcharged with the vibrant thought of the Swami, there flashed a ray of lightning in the dark cavity of our hearts – a new revelation for us of the realm divine!

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 232]