Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 050 Friday 26-02-2016

26-02-2016 Friday
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 049

Marriage and After – 13

Sri Ramakrishna was accompanied at that time by the Bhairavi Brahmani,2 (2 A nun who was Sri Ramakrishna’s teacher in some of his spiritual practices.) whom he addressed as ‘Mother.’ Sarada regarded her as mother-in-law. But the Brahmani was hot-tempered and often frightened her. Sarada once said about her: ‘She was fond of chillies and cooked her own food, which she made very hot. Often she offered it to me. I silently ate it, always wiping away my tears. Oh, her dishes were so hot! When she asked me how I liked them, I would say, in fear and trembling: ‘”Very nice indeed!” But my sister-in-law would speak the truth. The Brahmani would be angry at such criticism of her cooking and exclaim: “Why do you feel that way? My daughter approves my cooking. Nothing can please you. I will not give you what I will not give you what I cook any more.”’ Sarada laughed when she narrated these incidents, much later, to her devotees.

-------
Holy Mother - Being the Life of Sri Sarada Devi Wife of Sri Ramakrishna And Helpmate in his Mission By Swami Nikhilananda p: 33