Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 057 Thursday 04-03-2016

04-03-2016 Friday
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 056

First Visit to Dakshineswar – 04

Suffering both physically and mentally, as she lay in bed almost unconscious, she saw a woman of exquisite beauty enter her room and sit by the bedside. The stranger had a very black complexion resembling that of Mother Kali. As she stroked Sarada’s body with her soft hands, Sarada’s pain seemed to ooze out through the pores of her skin. She asked the visitor where she came from.

Visitor: ‘From Dakshineswar.’

Sarada (with surprise): ‘Indeed! I wanted to go to Dakshineswar myself, see him there, and serve him. Perhaps ill luck will prevent my desire’s being fulfilled.’

Visitor: ‘Don’t say that. You will surely go to Dakshineswar. You will get well and see him. It is for your sake that I am keeping him there.’

Sarada: ‘Is that true? Who are you? Any relation of ours?’

Visitor: ‘I am your sister.’

Sarada: ‘Is that so? Perhaps that is why you have come.’

Sarada noticed that the stranger’s feet were covered with dust, as if from a long walk, and inquired why no one had given her water to wash them. The stranger said that she would be leaving immediately, and disappeared.1 (It was evidently none other than the Goddess Kali who had appeared to her in this vision.)

-------
Holy Mother - Being the Life of Sri Sarada Devi Wife of Sri Ramakrishna And Helpmate in his Mission By Swami Nikhilananda p: 38