Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 073 Tuesday 22-03-2016

22-03-2016 Tuesday
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 073

Awakening of Divinity – 07

During this first visit Sarada Devi spent a year and eight months at Dakshineswar. In October 1873 she returned to Kamarpukur and also saw her relatives at Jayrambati.

At Dakshineswar she spent in all about ten years with her husband. Once a disciple asked her how long she lived at Dakshineswar. ‘Oh, a long time,’ she said. ‘I first came when I was sisteen,1 (1 As Holy Mother was born in December 1853 and paid first visit to Dakshineswar in March 1872, she was evidently eighteen years old at that time.) and after that I continued to live there until the Master’s death. Every two or three years I visited Kamarpukur and Jayrambati.’ Sarada Devi visited Kamarpukur eight times from Dakshineswar, her last visit having been in October 1885, when Sri Ramakrishna was suffering from cancer. Needless to say, during those visits she always made short trips to Jayrambati. All this time the chrysalis was being slowly transformed into a butterfly.

-------
Holy Mother - Being the Life of Sri Sarada Devi Wife of Sri Ramakrishna And Helpmate in his Mission By Swami Nikhilananda p: 48 – 49