Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 083 Monday 11-04-2016

11-04-2016 Monday
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 083

Awakening of Divinity – 17

During Sarada Devi’s visit to Jayrambati, some time in the early part of 1877, Shyamasundari was bidden in a dream by the Goddess Jagaddhatri, a manifestation of the Divine Mother of the Universe, to introduce Her worship in the family. From then on it became an annual affair, and Sarada Devi gave whatever assistance she could for the performance of the worship.

When Sarada Devi returned to Dakshineswar in March 1881 from her fifth visit to her native village, she stayed there only a day. She was accompanied by her mother, Lakshmi, and several neighbours. The moment they arrived, Hriday, for some unknown reason, treated them very rudely. Sri Ramakrishna, afraid to annoy him, kept silent. Shyamasundari said: ‘With whom shall I leave my daughter alone? Let us all return home.’ Sarada Devi, as she took her leave, said, addressing Mother Kali: ‘Mother, if you bring me here again, I shall come.’

-------
Holy Mother - Being the Life of Sri Sarada Devi Wife of Sri Ramakrishna And Helpmate in his Mission By Swami Nikhilananda p: 55 – 56