Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 084 Tuesday 12-04-2016

12-04-2016 Tuesday
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 084

Awakening of Divinity – 18

Hriday used to treat Sarada Devi rudely now and then. Once Sri Ramakrishna gave him a waning and said: ‘Look. Here. You may insult me, but don’t hurt her feelings. If he who dwells in this1 (Meaning his own body) hisses, you may somehow get by; but if He who dwells in her2 (Meaning Sarada Devi) hisses, no one – not even Brahma, Vishnu or Shiva – will be able to protect you.’ Soon after, Hriday lost his job in the Kali temple because of an indiscreet action and was forbidden to enter its compound.

Ramlal3 (3 A son of Rameswar, Sri Ramakrishna’s elder brother) now became Kali’s priest. Puffed up with pride, he began to neglect Sri Ramakrishna, who often remained unconscious on account of his deep spiritual moods. The Master’s food would dry up on the place and no one would look after him. He repeatedly wrote to Sarada Devi to come to Dakshineswar. ‘I am experiencing great difficulty here,’ he sent word to her. ‘Ramlal pays no heed to me. Please come, by all means, whatever may be the cost, and I shall see to it. Come any way you like – in a palanquin or in anything else.’ She returned to Dakshineswar in the early part of 1882.

-------
Holy Mother - Being the Life of Sri Sarada Devi Wife of Sri Ramakrishna And Helpmate in his Mission By Swami Nikhilananda p: 56