Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 098 25-04-2016

25-04-2016 Monday
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 098

In The March of Events – 10

Speaking of Sarada Devi, Yogin-Ma said: ‘Whenever I went to the Mother, she took me into her confidence and unbosomed all her secrets. She often sought my advice. Even a moment’s separation from her caused me great pain. I used to visit Dakshineswar almost every week, and sometimes spent the night there. On those occasions Mother would not allow me to sleep separately. She dragged me to her side, on her own bed. Once, a short while after my first becoming acquainted with her, Mother got into a boat to make a trip to Kamarpukur. I watched her departure with tears in my eyes and as the boat went out of sight I wept bitterly. The Master consoled me by recounting some of his spiritual experiences. When Mother returned after a year and a half he said to her: “That girl with big, beautiful eyes loves you dearly. She was upset when you left for Kamarpukur, and wept.” Mother said: “Yes, I know her quite well. Her name is Yogin.”’ Yogin-Ma used to braid Holy Mother’s hair. Holy Mother liked so much the way she braided it that she often waited three of four days till Yogin-Ma’s return to have it done again.

-------
Holy Mother - Being the Life of Sri Sarada Devi Wife of Sri Ramakrishna And Helpmate in his Mission By Swami Nikhilananda p: 65