Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 106 03-05-2016

03-05-2016 Tuesday
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 106

In The March of Events – 18

On the occasion of one of her periodical visits to Kamarpukur, Sarada Devi had taken leave of the Master. At his midday meal Sri Ramakrishna said to come of his disciples: ‘She left today – I mean Ramlal’s aunt.2 (2 Referring to Sarada Devi) Ramlal is going to be married. That is why she is going to Kamarpukur. I watched her departure and didn’t feel anything about it. Honestly I thought of her as a stranger. But the next moment I was worried about my meals. I said to myself: “Who will cook for me?” You know I cannot digest every sort of food. Further, while I am eating I do not always retain normal consciousness. She knows what suits my stomach; so she cooks different vegetables. Now I am frankly worried about my meals.’ After a few months he wrote to her to return as soon as possible. One day he humorously asked a disciple: ‘Well, what does a wife signify in the case of one like me?’ He himself gave the reply with a smile: ‘Don’t you see? But for her, who would have prepared the food just the way that agrees with my stomach?’

-------
Holy Mother - Being the Life of Sri Sarada Devi Wife of Sri Ramakrishna And Helpmate in his Mission By Swami Nikhilananda p: 70 – 71