Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 121 18-05-2016

18-05-2016 Wednesday
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 121

In The March of Events – 33

Though Sarada Devi always obeyed her husband implicitly, the Master never failed to show her respect and courtesy. Describing this attitude of his she said: ‘I was married to such a husband that he never addressed me as tui1 (1 A pronoun generally used in Bengali in addressing a servant, a junior, or an inferior). He never struck me even with a flower.’ One night she brought him his meal. Finding him absorbed in meditation, she put it in its usual place and was about to leave the room. Suddenly the Master came down from his spiritual state and said: ‘Shut the door as you go out,’ using tui. He thought it was Lakshmi, his niece, who had brought the food. ‘All right,’ Sarada Devi said, ‘I am closing the door.’ Recognizing her voice, he said repentantly: ‘Is it you? I thought it was Lakshmi. Please forgive me for addressing you as tui.’ That unkind word he had addressed to Sarada Devi disturbed the Master so much that he went to her the next day and again apologized. ‘You see, I couldn’t sleep the whole night. I felt very badly for addressing you so disrespectfully.’

-------
Holy Mother - Being the Life of Sri Sarada Devi Wife of Sri Ramakrishna And Helpmate in his Mission By Swami Nikhilananda p: 78 – 79