Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 151 18-June-2016

18-06-2016 Saturday
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 152

The Masters Death and After – 09

Five years earlier Sri Ramakrishna had made some remarks foretelling his death. He said that when he could no longer discriminate about people’s touching his food, when he would spend nights in Calcutta, when he would allow others to eat a part of his food before he himself took it, and finally when large numbers of people would respect him and worship him as God, he would give up the body. Sarada Devi noticed that all the conditions but the last one had been fulfilled before he left Dakshineswar. Now that one, too, was satisfied at Cossipore. One day some householder devotees went to Dakshineswar to visit the Master with offerings of sweets and fruit. Learning that he was at Cossipore, they offered the food before his picture. When Sri Ramakrishna heard about it he said: ‘Why did they make the offering to my picture instead of to Goddess Kali in the temple?’ Sarada Devi was frightened, remembering what he had foretold about his end. Sri Ramakrishna said to her: ‘Don’t be worried. You will see later that people will worship my picture at their homes. I mean it. I swear it.’

-------
Holy Mother - Being the Life of Sri Sarada Devi Wife of Sri Ramakrishna And Helpmate in his Mission By Swami Nikhilananda p: 96