Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 158 24-June-2016

24-06-2016 Friday
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 158

The Masters Death and After – 15

Sarada Devi had other indications of the Master’s approaching end. One day he told her of a dream he had had. An elephant was digging the earth for his medicine, when suddenly Gopala woke him up.1 (1 Gopala is the name of Baby Krishna. Evidently the Master was not to get the medicine for his illness.) The Master asked Sarada Devi if she had had any dream. She replied: ‘I saw Mother Kali with her neck tilted on one side. I asked Her why She stood that way. She replied: “Because of his having that trouble, I too am ill.”’ Sarada Devi now realized that the Master’s illness was beyond remedy; for otherwise, why should the Divine Mother, fully conscious of his suffering, not cure him? She felt inwardly calm when the Master said: ‘I am going through all this suffering. You have escaped it. I have taken upon myself the suffering of the world.’ Suddenly the purpose of his illness was revealed to her, and she felt an indescribable compassion for humanity.

-------
Holy Mother - Being the Life of Sri Sarada Devi Wife of Sri Ramakrishna And Helpmate in his Mission By Swami Nikhilananda p: 98 – 99