Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 168 04-July-2016

04-07-2016 Monday
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 168

The Masters Death and After – 25

On the way to Vrindavan, Holy Mother and her party stopped at Deoghar, in Bihar, and worshipped in its famous Siva temple. The next day they left for Benares, where they spent over a week. In Benares Holy Mother offered worship at the temple of Siva, known as Visvanath, the Lord of the Universe, and visited other sacred shrines. One day, witnessing the evening service at the Siva temple, she was overwhelmed with spiritual emotion and returned home hardly conscious of the world. Later she said: ‘It was the Master who brought me home, holding me by my hand.’ In Benares the Mother and her women companions paid their respects to the well-known holy man Swami Bhaskarananda, who was completely naked. Looking at them, the Swami said: ‘Don’t feel nervous, Mothers. You are all manifestations of the Divine Mother of the Universe. Why should you be embarrassed? Is it because of my genital organ? Why, it is like one of the fingers.’ The Mother said later: ‘What an unruffled, great soul! He always remains naked, in winter and summer alike.’ In Benares she met a woman saint from Nepal who advised her to practise the austerity of ‘Five Fires’ from relief from her anguish of mind.

-------
Holy Mother - Being the Life of Sri Sarada Devi Wife of Sri Ramakrishna And Helpmate in his Mission By Swami Nikhilananda p: 102 – 103