Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 191 2-August-2016

02-08-2016 Tuesday
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 190

Anguish and Reassurances – 14

Yogin-ma and Golap-Ma lived with Holy Mother at Nilambar Babu’s house, and some of the monastic disciples of Sri Ramakrishna served as her attendants. One evening, on the roof, Holy Mother was absorbed in meditation with her two companions. After a long time she regained semiconsciousness and said: ‘Oh, Yogin! Where are my hands? Where are my feet?’ Yogin-Ma pressed her limbs and said: ‘Here are you hand and feet.’ It took Holy Mother a long time to regain consciousness of her body. This remarkable experience has been described by many as nirvikalpa samadhi, in which one completely transcends consciousness of the body and the world and feels one’s identity with Brahman. Of her spiritual mood during that period she once said to a disciple: ‘At that time my mind used to b absorbed into red, blue, and other lights. My body would not have survived if these experiences had continued long.’

-------
Holy Mother - Being the Life of Sri Sarada Devi Wife of Sri Ramakrishna And Helpmate in his Mission By Swami Nikhilananda p: 114 – 115