Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 230 11-September-2016

11-09-2016 Sunday
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 229

In a Domestic Setting – 26

Holy Mother’s life at Jayrambati was a strenuous one. She shouldered the responsibility of her relatives and also had to look after the comforts of the many disciples who visited her there. In Calcutta she was in accessible to male disciples except t fixed times. Therefore, many of them preferred to visit her at her native village. They often stayed for several days. She cooked meals for them, procuring the necessary vegetables and fish, and tended those who fell ill. Some of her disciples took tea with their breakfast, and early in the morning Holy Mother would go unobserved to the villagers to get milk. Though others were ready to help, she preferred to do many things with her own hands, even during the later years of her life when she suffered from malaria. When one day a disciple protested about her strenuous life, she said: ‘My child, it is good to be active.’ Remaining silent for a few minutes she said gravely: ‘Please bless me that I may serve others as long as I live.’

-------
Holy Mother - Being the Life of Sri Sarada Devi Wife of Sri Ramakrishna And Helpmate in his Mission By Swami Nikhilananda p: 140