Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 245 27-September-2016

27-09-2016 Tuesday
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 245

Chapter 11 – Radhu : 06

Radhu did not want to live at her husband’s house; so both she and Manmatha stayed most of the time with Holy Mother. Though she was now quite grown up and was expecting a child, her behaviour towards Holy Mother did not improve in the least. One day the Mother said to a disciple: ‘She was rather pleasant in her childhood. Now she is married and suffers from various ailments. I am afraid this daughter of an insane mother may herself become insane. Alas, am I bringing up a mad person?’ Radhu never let slip an opportunity to torture Holy Mother. One day the Mother said to a woman who wanted to adopt a son: ‘Never do any such thing. Do your duties to all. But love you must not bestow upon anybody except God. If you love men, there will be no end of your suffering. Look at me. How much I am suffering on account of Radhu!’ One day Manmatha had gone out and Radhu was restless for him, ‘Look at the Master’s sport,’ Holy Mother said to someone.

‘My mother’s family was so noble. And look at my present companions. How totally silly Radhu is! She is standing on the porch, holding on to the railing and eagerly waiting for her husband to return. There you hear some music in a house. Radhu is afraid that Manmatha may enter the place. Day and night she watches him. What attachment! I never dreamt she would be so attached.’

-------
Holy Mother - Being the Life of Sri Sarada Devi Wife of Sri Ramakrishna And Helpmate in his Mission By Swami Nikhilananda p: 150 – 151